Manchester Level Club Fundraising 2020
It has been announced that the young Freemason’s club in Manchester aka The Manchester Level Club have kicked off this years fundraiser, usually the MLC play host to an annual quiz night, but due to COVID-19 this has unfortunately had to be postponed till next year.
Well you cannot keep good men down, so this year the MLC have overcome fundraising setbacks by doing safe socially distanced fundraising events.
First of all who are the MLC Fundraising for? – Well there are many worthy causes around Manchester but after careful decision from the committee it was shortlisted to the following great causes:
- Saint Ann’s Hospice – St Ann’s Hospice is a charity which cares for thousands of local people with cancer and non-cancer life-limiting illnesses every year, Since the arrival of COVID-19 most of St.Ann’s fundraising has stopped.
- Their page can be found at https://www.sah.org.uk/
- Wood Street Mission – Wood Street Mission is a Manchester children’s charity which helps children and families living in poverty in Manchester & Salford. They provide practical help to help meet children’s day-to-day needs and improve their life chances. More than 1 in 3 children in Manchester is living in poverty.
- Their page can be found at https://www.woodstreetmission.org.uk/
- The Trussell Trust – Manchester Central Food-bank – They support a nationwide network of food banks and together they provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty, and campaign for change to end the need for food banks in the UK.
- Their page can be found at https://manchestercentral.foodbank.org.uk/
Secondly how will the MLC raise the funding needed for these amazing causes? – Over the next couple of months the MLC will be engaging in fundraising of all kinds, keep an eye on our news page to see what they are up to.
It’s a period of uncertainty for all of us at the moment but the MLC are doing their part to help.